7/1/11

journal page: chore to give up


The prompt today from InTheSun Online Course is:  What chore would you give up for the summer?  COOKING!  I don't particularly like to plan, shop, cook or clean up so that would be high on my list of chores to give up.  I want to be the first on my block to have a Star Trek food replicator:  "Earl Grey, hot"

I experimented a bit by making several pages of generic backgrounds, ready for collaging - this is my first.  A little watercolor and stamping is all, then adding the other elements - the recipes are accordion folded which doesn't show up in the scan.  My cool stamp (in the white columns) is made from a kid's foam alphabet piece ("C") that has this great basketweave pattern on one side.

See more journal pages at the flickr group.

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to that. If only it wasn't soooooo time-consuming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:14 PM

    I'll cook if you do the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love planning for meals and thenmaking them. I plan 3 meals and two out or fend for yourself days. It works out great if I have something else going on

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!