11/20/11

AEDM -day 20

I don't do a lot of preparing for Thanksgiving.  Although I enjoy the day spent with friends and family, my responsibilities are few.  I set the table but Dan does all the cooking and preparing the turkey, etc., friends bring side dishes, my youngest son bakes the pumpkin pies.  So, I just sit back and enjoy the day.

However, the arrival of Thanksgiving heralds the arrival of a holiday that does take LOTS more prep time for me....Christmas.  I love decorating the house and making new centerpieces and/or mantel decor.  I make gifts; I shop for some gifts; I bake (only a little); I make cards.  I'm a busy bee.

This year I've started my gift making with making this little wreath for the boys to hang in their apartment so they have just a little something seasonal.  The only thing I bought was the wreath form (a 24" $6 wreath at Michaels) and everything else I had from years of gathering Christmas doodads.  So, about 15 minutes of my time yielded a seasonal but not too cutesy or girly wreath for them.  Hooray, one down!


I salvaged the big bird from a live wreath given to us a few years ago and kept saving it for ..... something.  I know you all understand - it was just too cool to toss.  A bit of remnant ribbon (I have bins of it!), a cut up sparkly green pick, some cones and cinnamon and I was done.  First time I've fired up the glue gun in a while and it was fun - I wanted to make 5 more!



I'm sharing this in AEDM (art every day month) and hope you'll take a minute to visit some of the other great links over there.

3 comments:

  1. He is quite a dapper little character. Things I love in wreaths are the cinnamon stick bundles:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is lovely and the birdie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! It's so nice to be able to use bits and bobs that are sitting around waiting to be used. I really like that bright red cardinal! The cinnamon sticks are a great touch.

    I also visited your Etsy shop and you have some lovely photos. I particularly like the vintage-feel Seattle Gasworks photo, it's really neat!

    Thanks for visiting my place!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!