11/1/11

art every day month (AEDM): day1



Yeah, yeah, I know - another challenge.  But they keep me moving forward!  For the 9th year Leah is hosting her create Art Every Day Month (AEDM)- and I decided to play along.  I've been meaning to get back to my art journal (left collecting dust on a shelf the last couple months) as well as try some new things, so now's the time.

The best thing about this kind of challenge is that it can be whatever you need it to be.  You need a nudge to rekindle your creative urges - this is it.  You set the goal of creating 30 finished pieces of jewelry or 30 paintings - cool!  You miss a day?  It's not the end of the world; pull out the journal or paintbrushes the next day!  If you need to shake up your muse, there are plenty of resources and challenges all over the web - I list a few on my Artistic Challenges page and more on my Photo Challenges page (the links are to my entries for various prompts) - some I participate in and some I don't.


My first journal page in awhile - started with a layer of junk mail envelopes, front and insides, added drippy paint, red tissue paper, acrylic paint, stenciling and a little journaling to remind me that I'm excited to be creating again.

I love Leah's premise of being creative every day, whether it's creating a painting or a delicious meal, a greeting card or a poem....just use those creative juices for good!  There's also a flickr group so you can follow along there if that's easier....  Read all about the month long event, sign up if you're so inclined and check back here periodically to see how I do :)

4 comments:

  1. Terri this page is amazing and purple is always tough, but you pull it off beautifully...it is a great excuse to get and and try things and get back to things and I am looking forward to visiting all the time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, lovely colours. I don't really need a nudge, but I have joined in too! Thanks for the link, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks amazing! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:58 PM

    I love your recycling of junk mail! What a great idea and you've made it become so pretty :).
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!