11/14/11

texture tuesday: phoebe

I've been absent from the AEDM project the last couple days (guess it's now on day 14!) - I had company from out of town and that took all my attention and energy....but boy did we have fun!  Now, I'm working myself back into the creative groove so started by creating my entry for Kim's Texture Tuesday.

I started with my photo of a back lit dendrobium orchid:


I added Kim's Phoebe texture twice, once Overlay 42% opacity and then Pin Light at 43%.  I blurred the background a bit more and added a French Kiss script brush mark (sorry I don't remember where I found this).


It's a very subtle texture with a slight frame that I kind of like.  You can see it made the whole image much more romantic (I think).  Be sure to visit Kim Klassen so you can see all the other great photo texture treatments.  And if you have a little more time, be sure to visit AEDM cuz there is more creativity there than you can shake a stick at!
   AEDM

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning, fine art photo. It has a dreamy, old world quality to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous orchid shot...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning work! Love how the flower is illuminated and the lovely vintage feel. Also, thank you for visiting my blog and for your suggestions! I took heed :-) Kind Regards, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful composition making a striking image and lovely texture processing. thank you, kareninkenai

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:03 AM

    This is lovely work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!