12/5/11

texture tuesday: celebrate

Kim Klassen is once again hosting her Texture Tuesday with the theme of celebrate.....I started the holiday season off with a traditional-to-us games night for friends and family (we played bunco for hours).  I made a couple of flower arrangements to add to the decor so my celebrate photo is a macro of part of the arrangement.


Just a simple processing was all this shot needed I thought - first I duplicated the image and used soft light at 80% to up the contrast.  Then I used Kim's Music Lovin' texture at color burn 50% to pump up the color and add those grungy edges.  Those ornaments are pretty reflective and caught my tripod, my kitchen lights & cupboards, etc.  I'll really have to work on positioning them better next time :)

Be sure to visit some of the other links to see what creative photographers are up to.

Then I participated in Nancy's Texture Tuesday with a different prompt - she added some new freebie textures (visit her on flickr) in a garage series and wanted to see what could be done with those.  I used 2 of her garage textures and arrived at this:

starting:

Addition of 2 of Nancy's textures:

One of her textures used at saturation, really reduced the saturation and the other one brought in all the grungy spots.  I erased (at 40%) much of the spots on the white wall and side of the boat - it was a bit strong on this particular image.  Visit Nancy at All Pulped Out on Tuesday to see how others used her garage series.

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots Terrie. Those flower petals almost seem translucent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so much fun playing with textures, isn't it? I love your edits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the reflections in those Christmas ornaments...the texture adds such wonderful tones

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely texture choices and applications! I always learn something new when visiting other blogs and seeing their techniques. Thank you for sharing :)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work again! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beuatiful macro shot, Terrie. And wonderful celebration story! Lovely use of texture, too, as it makes the ornaments look old-fashioned. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are excellent.
    I love grunge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrie, I love what you did with both of these. The macro of the centerpiece is just stunning.
    I also worked with Nancy's textures and loved the result. Your boat turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elegant macro photo. I'll have to check out Nancy's textures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love the reflections in the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. both are wonderful, and it is a joy to play with nancy´s textures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The texture work really made your boat shot stand out! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like you had a fun game night! love your arrangement and treatment. i will have to check out Nancy's textures the boat is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful processing and lovely compositions. i always enjoy nancy's textures, too. thanks for sharing. {visiting from TT}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful images and effects...thank you for sharing! I actually loved that the reflection of your tripod and kitchen could be seen in the Christmas ornaments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful processing of the boat photo !


    Light Trigger: our entry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!