1/12/12

sketching one liners

My new book (thanks to Tracey Fletcher King's suggestion) is 52 Drawing Labs and it's packed full of simple little drawing exercises to loosen you up, give inspiration, or help you get comfortable with your pen and paper.  I'm going to try my hand at working through most of the exercises in the book to help my sketching.....



I started with "no peekey" one line drawings. The challenge was to visualize a common object and draw it without lifting pen from paper and .... no peeking.  This was fun!  The vases on the second page I was actually looking but I think I like my no looking ones just as well.

3 comments:

  1. great idea!
    love the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:19 AM

    Great idea, I agree with Heather and those one line drawing are actually much harder than they seem. Those "lab" books are really quite wonderful, I have a few myself. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my "52 Labs" book this week too!! Glad you're enjoying it, Carla is great! I love the bicycles!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!