4/3/12

texture tuesday: soft

I missed a couple of Kim's challenges (Kim Klassen Cafe), but am making the time to jump in again.  This week's prompt is "soft".  My thoughts turned immediately to our cat, Tigger.  She's about 14 years old, fluffy and long haired (what a mess!) and definitely soft.

Original picture:


Here's adding Kim's texture Fall In Grunge at linear burn 40%.


You can see it mostly added some distressing on the corners and edges....  Then I added another layer, her texture Little Things at soft light 80% to soften and brighten the image a bit.


Be sure to visit Kim Klassen's blog for more great images and manipulations as well as the occasional free texture so you can play along.

5 comments:

  1. Its not possible your cat looks we our cat, the same face, the same colour at the nose. I love it.

    Your photo is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty kitty and I can imagine kitty has the softest fur,too. I enjoyed seeing your process, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweetie! Such beautiful eyes and I love the two little spots on her nose. I like that you kept the intensity of those beautiful eyes while softening the rest of the image. Meows from our 14 year old girl to yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:31 AM

    Look at those eyes, wow, brilliant green, and that calico fluff. She's a soft sweetie. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  5. precious Tigger and great processing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!