6/27/12

in the garden

Artists PlayRoom is focusing on the garden this week.  Our garden isn't blooming much yet - the peonies and dahlias don't even have buds!  But, I have some from last year - the exact same plants, so it's only a little cheat.  I'm resorting to photos this week instead of painting since I'm short on time and long on challenges.....

A little photoshop playing - dahlia on a mirror tile.




Can you tell I love my macro setting?  Our plot of dahlias was so pretty but we didn't dig them up in the fall so we're hoping they're as big and lovely this year.

Had to include Dan tending his dahlias :)

Nearby there's a little pocket botanical garden that I love to visit - it's filled with hellebores, hyacinth, and crocosmia in the spring, peonies, roses galore, all sorts of iris and lilies, rhodys and lots of plants I don't know....



I'm really not much of a gardener myself but I LOVE visiting and soaking up the beauty of a garden. Dan has become accustomed to visiting botanical gardens everywhere we travel....think we've found one in most every country we've visited and now he enjoys them as much as me.  You know what I love best?  I don't have to take care of the plants but get to fully enjoy them! :)


17 comments:

  1. Lovely pics! We have a little Japanese garden near here, so pretty and relaxing, I love sitting there reading! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to do the same Terrie as I'm running out of time too.
    Your garden is beautiful...what a wonderful space to sit and appreciate nature in all its glory!
    Photos are exquisite....thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower photo's. Dh is the gardener at our house, I'm the "appreciator"

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such joy in these flowers!! Love how you Photoshopped! You let nature do the painting for you this time. I can relate to the long on challenges and no where near enough time fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing these fabulous photographs. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab photos honey, the beauty and intricacy of plants never ceases to amaze me and you have captured it perfectly. Thank-you.
    Hugs x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos Terrie! I just love dahlias. Sadly, something ate right through all of my flower buds again this year. Good thing I have yours to enjoy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so exquisitely beautiful Terrie, thanks for sharing them! I'm so looking forward to our lunch in August!
    Best,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. Wonderful flowers and I love the stream or pond photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i enjoy botanical gardens, too! you have some gorgeous photos here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so gorgeous... I love dahlias and those macros are inspiring... I had hoped to get to those hellebores for this week's gardening theme, but the flu put a stop to that, but going to make some time this week...xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do dahlias smell, cause I was certain I could smell them when looking at your macro shots of them, that or my mind is playing tricks on me, which is common! lol Love the little botanical space, so pretty! waving hi from the hot hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:52 PM

    Garden eye candy in spades. Your dahlias are magnificent, wow, what great shots. And that pocket garden, well I love places like that, I would live there! xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dahlia photos are lovely but your postcard that I received is even more stunning! Thank you for the reminder to soak up the inspiration that is all around me and to take time to daydream and rest.

    So happy to have found you and you juicy-rich blog! I'll be back for more!

    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful pictures! My garden has shrunk as childrens toys have taken over - I think I'm liking it that way, hehe :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your photographs. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely post, Terrie...dahlias are such magnificent flowers and you've captured them beautifully! Nice to 'meet' you via the APR group. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!