3/16/13

introducing feedly

As I logged onto Google Reader the other day, the dreaded news appeared - it's going away as of July 1.  Oh dear, whatever shall I do?  How will I keep track of all my favorite bloggers?  Do I go in and resubscribe using my email account - or set up a new email just for blogs I follow?  Pretty cumbersome.

I found Feedly.  You can read about it here: FEEDLY
This is their claim:
We have been working on a project called Normandy which is a feedly clone of the Google Reader API – running on Google App Engine. When Google Reader shuts down, feedly will seamlessly transition to the Normandy back end. So if you are a Google Reader user and using feedly, you are covered: the transition will be seamless.  If you are a Google Reader, give feedly a try before July 1st, and you will be able to migrate seamlesly:

I'm trying it out for now - the look is a little different but most of the functions seem to be there - you might explore it as an option.  If you find a better one, please share - I don't want to lose touch with all my favorite people....

I also came across this list of other "Reader" services, so you might check out and prefer one of these.


9 comments:

  1. I know, my poor old heart skipped a beat when I read the notice on my screen. I use iGoogle as well and am auditioning Protopage and Netvibes as an all-in-one alternative. Bummer, but I'll adapt to the new one, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:04 AM

    Thank you so much for posting the link for Feedly...I was trying a different one out and I did not like it...Feedly transitioned all my Google stuff and it seems easy so far to navigate! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:17 PM

    Hi Terrie
    I had just found out about Google's plans on Thursday and have been using Feedly as well. I like it much better than the Google Reader :).
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, hadn't heard about this....I'm torn...lol I hate changes! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must live in the dark...absolutely clueless. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear it too and was really surprised! I like Google Reader. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them. I did see that Google dashboard is usable but is that going away too? Does anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the tip. Done. Seems easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:09 AM

    Thanks for the link. I am doong a combination of email and bloglovin which seems to work for me but it's always good to look at new things...Thanks for the tip! xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just heard about this. I don't use a reader because it just doesn't suit me. But it's good for people to know about this alternative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!