7/7/13

365 in 2013: #184 - 187

It's easy to get the numbering of this challenge mixed up with ICAD numbering, especially since so many are doing double duty.  Here are some collages withOUT the double duty:

#184 - Bird Song  -  inspired by Hanna's style and the many scraps on my table top.

#185 - Shades of Summer  - another Hanna-inspired collage (click her name to see her great style in person) - this whole 365 challenge thing was her idea, after all.  Magazine pic, envelope, gum wrapper, painted paper towel, painted papers.

#186 - restraint journal page - another of Hanna's ideas from last year I think......she keeps an inspiration or restraint journal.....simple layouts, simple ideas, a place to keep inspiration.  At least that's how I've interpreted her idea.  Sometimes even when I pin something on Pinterest, I print out a hard copy for inspiration and it ends up in this journal - this is actually my second book!

#187 - restraint journal

I think I've found my happy place - making collages.  I just love the vast variety of looks and materials and compositions for me to try.  I've really maximized my arting over this long 4th July weekend and am just having a blast!

5 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about collages. Me too. Start saving your cents to join the International Collage Exchange next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:23 PM

    That center section on #187 is very intriguing. Love the shapes and colour. Glad you're having fun!
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:19 AM

    It certainly is a happy place. Your compositions are wonderful xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I've been trying iHanna's restraint style, too. It's a lot harder than it looks! But I love the way yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have most certainly found a happy place with your collages. Wonderful work Terrie. #184 and 186 are my favourites even though their compositions are very different. Truly some beautiful pieces here. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!