2/27/14

week 9 for 365-2 (part 1)

February 24- March 2

365 days of artsy work and play continues:

#55 - I bought an online booklet from Helen Williams because I absolutely love her loose, organic style of zentangling.  Her book is about how she achieves her wonderful flower 'flipped' petals and winding ribbons (and includes helpful video links). I did some experimenting in my moleskin (remember, this is first efforts :)) worked on this a bit over several evenings in front of the TV which is probably why my lines aren't all that straight! :)

#56 - some progress on my dyptych acrylic painting.  What a process this has been!  I always thought abstract would be easy....what's so hard about painting a few circles or squares or random lines/shapes in pretty colors?  Well, let me tell you - it's REALLY hard to get a pleasing composition, an effective use of color, develop a focal point, etc.  Here's where I am now (Jane Davies, you're my hero....I'm workin' on it!)
I actually have an idea of where to take it from here....maybe I'll find time this weekend to pull it together a bit more.....

#57 - I also made some progress on my 12x12" square canvas abstract mixed media

Not real happy with the sharpness of these pics so I think I need to find a brighter place of natural light - it's just so gray here lately and certainly too wet to go outside...... But, you get the idea, right?

#58 - some doodled postcards to go out into the world.


Thanks for checking in with me.......

6 comments:

  1. Oh boy....you are really jumping into abstract boots'n'all. Well done....it isn't as easy as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh... nice progress on the diptych!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:54 AM

    Love the diptych, thanks for shsring the progress.....xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the winding ribbons, will have to play with that some. I could almost see my name in them since you started off with that big L.

    Good luck with the abstract stuff. I don't even attempt it cause it's just not my thing. altho I like your colors so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your winding ribbons are very cool. I thought you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So inspiring! I especially love your abstract, and I totally agree - it is so difficult to get something that works in terms of colour & composition. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!