2/22/15

pinterest love: birds & feathers

Sharing more of my Pinterest pins - this week from my "birds and feathers" board.  It's a motif I love and keep planning to incorporate more of so check it out for some inspiration.

Bird Collage Art Songbird 8 x 10 Glossy print by AnimalHouseArt

Collage bird by Animal House Art, ETSY

lovely feathers

Love these loose feathers (watercolor?) - no link info

Beautiful feathers  found on My Revelment which isn't much help, but I love the variety of fills and soft colors - could be a cool repeating pattern.


Happy art journal-Carabelle-BirgitKoopsen-final page

Here's a happy journal page (and good advice in the text)! By Birgit Koopsen - looks like a generous use of stamping, stenciling, maybe some gelli plate pieces, collage, etc. Fun page.

Lisa Lamoreaux - one of my favorite artists.  By Lisa Lamoreaux, a Renton, WA artist but her blogs appear to be shut down now.  You can google her name and see some other examples of her work.

Northern Flicker  Here's an inspiring bird to mimic...all those polka dots! - it's a Northern Flicker.  (it was hard not to type Flickr - amazing how these sites get into our lexicon!)

by John Ichter   hummingbird  Great command of watercolor blending! By John Ichter

bird
Fun idea to draw/paint/doodle on a piece of ephemera.

Dream Feathers. $20.00, via Etsy.  No artist info - love the use of doodles to make very interpretive feathers.

If you recognize any of my unidentified artist pieces, let me know and I'll update the post.  Do you have some favorite bird pins that you look to for inspiration?




4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous collection of birdie stuff! Love all the feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:58 AM

    Love those Flickers but they are so hard to capture, good at hiding out. Lovely piece on the ephemera, my fave of your birdie bunch. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cool collection of stuff I like! The watercolor feathers are delicious, love the ones below also, and the bird on the old invoice is great. Must try some of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous finds! I love both of those two feather pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!